We have the pleasure to announce the "First SaporeGravis Workshop (SGW 2013)", which will be held in the University of Nantes (France) from Monday December 2nd 2:00 pm to Thursday December 5th, 2013 6:00 pm. SaporeGravis is a networking of the I3 Hadron Physics program. The indico link is the following: https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?ovw=True&confId=247609
The long term goal of the heavy ion experiments at relativistic energies is to provide a precise characterization of the high-density, high-temperature phase of strongly interacting matter. The first LHC heavy ion collisions in November 2010 has opened a new era in this field of subatomic physics and the remaining open questions about the parton–hadron transition and the nature of confinement, and about the nature of QCD matter at high temperature are being addressed. The interaction of open and hidden heavy flavours with the QCD matter represent one the most promising probes of deconfined matter. In this workshop, the first results from the heavy ion first runs (2010-2013) at the LHC will be reviewed and discussed with theoretical and experimental experts working in this field. The working groups of the network will start to coordinate the preparation of a scientific publication that will review what we have learned with heavy flavour and quarkonium probes in the first heavy ion run at the LHC and with the new results from RHIC in the recent years.
This workshop will be divided in 1 general session, 1 informal working session, and 5 half-day sessions organized by each working group:
- Open Heavy Flavour, conveners Andrea Dainese (firstname.lastname@example.org), Pol-Bernard Gossiaux (email@example.com) and Diego Stocco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quarkonia, conveners: Roberta Arnaldi (email@example.com), Torsten Dahms (Torsten.Dahms@cern.ch) and Elena G. Ferreiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cold nuclear matter effects, conveners: François Arleo (email@example.com), Cynthia Hadjidakis (Cynthia.Hadjidakis@cern.ch), Philippe Rosnet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Soft and hard diffraction at LHC, conveners: Guillermo Contreras (email@example.com), Joakim Nystran (Joakim.Nystrand@cern.ch), Rainer Schicker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Future upgrade programs and experiments, conveners: Anton Andronic (email@example.com), Jean-Philippe Lansberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Raphael Tieulent (email@example.com)
Interested participants are encouraged to provide inputs by contacting the conveners of the working groups by September 15th 2013.
We encourage you to register on-line (https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=247609 ) as soon as possible. The maximum number of participants will be 80 and the fees are 175 euro. Deadline for registering is October 20th 2013.
Please feel free to circulate this announcement among your colleagues.
Looking forward to seeing you in Nantes next December,
The Local Organizing committee