Latest updates: 12 February 2021
This page is to inform you latest updates regarding the opening of the secretariat on site according to the Covid-19 outbreak, as well as to inform you new safety measures at the secretariat, and to inform you other important changes concerning the Covid-19 matters.
This page does not replace the HSE website. Latest updates are sent weekly by the Covid-19 channels.
The secretariat is currently teleworking, and open only one day per week. We inform you, on a weekly basis, which day of the week it will be open to the collaborators.
Nathalie, Julia and Guylaine are of course available by email, telephone, zoom or skype. Do not hesitate to contact us!
Dear ALICE Colleagues,
I am pleased to inform you of the new possibility to make the Covid-19 test at CERN.
First, please take note that as of 8th February 2021, all travellers flying to Switzerland have to present a negative PCR test* taken in the last 72 hours.
Indeed, you must be able to show proof of a negative coronavirus test in 2 situations:
1) If you enter Switzerland by air;
2) If you have stayed in a country with an increased risk of infection within the 10 days before entering Switzerland. In this case you must always be able to show proof of a negative test result, even if you enter Switzerland by bus, rail, car, etc.
negative PCR test*: The test must have been conducted no more than 72 hours before your entry to Switzerland. It must have been a molecular-biological analysis for the new coronavirus, for example a PCR test. The result of a rapid antigen test is not sufficient. The result of the test must be negative.
The possibility to be tested rapidly at CERN is now possible : on-site testing is available for persons working on site who are vulnerable, as well as for Users on duty travel on behalf of their institutes, travelling to countries that require a test prior to entry and for which a negative PCR test is required. The agreement is that Users should fill-in a TREQ request** with zero costs for CERN.
TREQ request**Prior to travel, the CERN Duty Travel Request form (TREQ) must be completed by the traveller in EDH.
The authorization of ALICE Spokesperson (or the Department Head) should be attached to the TREQ (not necessary if they have signed the document).
With the approved TREQ, the User may ask for an appointment to the Medical Service to get tested. The sampling will be done at the Medical Service and analysed by the laboratory which CERN has a contract with. This arrangement is strictly for travels for professional reasons. For more information, visithttps://hse.cern/content/duty-travel-covid-19
To request a test, write to Covid19.Helpline@cern.ch
I would like to kindly remind everyone that the use of a Proximeter on site will be compulsory as from 1st March 2021.
The introduction of the Proximeter, a device that everyone with a CERN ID will be required to carry while on-site from March onwards has started. Its main purpose is to improve CERN’s response to the challenges of COVID-19, making the Laboratory a safer place for everyone. For the system to work effectively, each and every one of us will need to wear the device while at work. Please get your Proximeter as soon as possible.
You can collect your Proximeter device (https://home.cern/news/news/cern/cern-introduces-proximity-detecting-device-personnel) at 8 locations at CERN. You must book a slot beforehand to collect your Proximeter at http://www.cern.ch/proximeter-dist.web.cern.ch
Information about the Proximeter is available through the Service Portal:https://cern.service-now.com/service-portal?id=functional_element&name=proximeter-services
(A new online course “COVID-19 - Proximeter & Contact Tracing” is available via the Safety Training catalogue on CERN’s Learning Hub. To enrol, click here:https://lms.cern.ch/ekp/servlet/ekp?PX=N&TEACHREVIEW=N&CID=EKP000043651&TX=FORMAT1&LANGUAGE_TAG=*ALL*&DECORATEPAGE=N )
Should you have any question or need any help regarding your work on site, please contact ALICEemail@example.com
New electronic access system on 301/R-027
An electronic access system has been installed on the door 301/R-027, space currently used to store the Personal Protective Equipment (disinfectants, masks, etc..), close the ALICE secretariat.
From now on, you have to read your card monthly to be able to access this room. This room is accessible to ALICE members only.
Here is the list of electronic locks validation station per buildings: KB0004041 - List of Electronic Locks Validation Stations per buildingCERN Service Portal: easy access to services at CERN (service-now.com)
The closer is located at building 55/R-201, entrance B, next to the dosimeter reader.
And a useful How to use an electronic locks?
The circulation flow has been reviewed accordingly, and please note only 1 visitor will be accepted at the same time.
Personal Protective Equipment: We remind you that 2 masks per day per person are sufficient, please respect this at the best.
We will continue to provide PPEs 24/24 in the small room close to the secretariat. In order to manage the stock in a more efficient way, we will kindly ask you to write down your name, the date and which PPE you take and in which quantity. An inventory sheet will be at your disposal.
When entering the secretariat, you must :
- Wear a mask;
- Disinfect your hands (hydro alcoholic gel is at your disposal at the entrance of the secretariat);
- Identify yourself on a notebook to keep track of your visit;
- Respect the limit of maximum 1 visitor at the same time;
- Respect the social distancing of 2 meters;
- The stationary is now closed to public, in case you need material, we invite you to ask us directly and we shall be able to give you what you need;
- The use of the printer situated inside the secretariat (301-R029-HPSEC1) is no longer possible, please use the printer-scanning-copy machine (301-RCOR-CANON1) located in the corridor next to the entrance;
- Our Shop is closed to public until further notice, nevertheless if you really need to purchase item(s), please consult our webpage dedicated to the shop and contact us by e-mail at least one day before, we will be pleased to prepare your order you would pay and collect at the secretariat during the opening hours. No clothes try-on is authorised. If an item does not fit we will not be able to replace it, we thank you in advance for your understanding;
- Coffee machine and EDEN water dispensers are no longer available, until further notice.
- Keys of our meeting rooms are available in the outbox, outside in the corridor. Please, take time to disinfect them before returning, disinfectant and hydro alcoholic gel are at your disposal next to the keys;
- Rooms capacity in all meeting rooms is 5 persons, you must wear a mask even when seated, and open the windows throughout the meeting
Reminder: before returning to CERN, you must:
- Check your CERN O.C.2 access right in ADAMS before coming onsite, if you have specific questions about access, quarantine, etc, please send an e-mail to ALICE-covid19-coordination mailing list
- Follow the new mandatory safety training : COVID19 e-Learning;
And once at CERN, you must:
- Collect your Personal Protective Equipment (such as masks, gloves, hydro alcoholic gel, disinfectant, wipes or plastic shield/screen protection) at the two self-service points : at P2 (building 3294/R-001) or next to the ALICE secretariat (coffee room 301/R-027);
- Respect the CERN COVID-19 related health and safety measures;
- Be aware no ALICE visits are possible until en of March 2021.
- Memorandum from the Director General: CERN Instruction on COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
- CERN Instruction on COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures - Annex 1
- General Safety Instructions and Guidelines related to the COVID19; Hazard for the EP activities.
- HSE coronavirus information, measures, and recommendations
With our very best regards,