Latest updates: 14th December 2020
This page is to inform you latest updates regarding the opening of the secretariat on site according to the Covid-19 outbreak, as well as to inform you new safety measures at the secretariat, and to inform you other important changes concerning the Covid-19 matters.
This page does not replace the HSE website. Latest updates are sent weekly by the Covid-19 channels.
The secretariat is currently teleworking, and open only one day per week. We inform you, on a weekly basis, which day of the week it will be open to the collaborators.
Nathalie, Julia and Guylaine are of course available by email, telephone, zoom or skype. Do not hesitate to contact us!
New electronic access system on 301/R-027
An electronic access system has been installed on the door 301/R-027, space currently used to store the Personal Protective Equipment (disinfectants, masks, etc..), close the ALICE secretariat.
From now on, you have to read your card monthly to be able to access this room. This room is accessible to ALICE members only.
Here is the list of electronic locks validation station per buildings: KB0004041 - List of Electronic Locks Validation Stations per buildingCERN Service Portal: easy access to services at CERN (service-now.com)
The closer is located at building 55/R-201, entrance B, next to the dosimeter reader.
And a useful How to use an electronic locks?
The circulation flow has been reviewed accordingly, and please note only 1 visitor will be accepted at the same time.
Personal Protective Equipment: We remind you that 2 masks per day per person are sufficient, please respect this at the best.
We will continue to provide PPEs 24/24 in the small room close to the secretariat. In order to manage the stock in a more efficient way, we will kindly ask you to write down your name, the date and which PPE you take and in which quantity. An inventory sheet will be at your disposal.
When entering the secretariat, you must :
- Wear a mask;
- Disinfect your hands (hydro alcoholic gel is at your disposal at the entrance of the secretariat);
- Identify yourself on a notebook to keep track of your visit;
- Respect the limit of maximum 1 visitor at the same time;
- Respect the social distancing of 2 meters;
- The stationary is now closed to public, in case you need material, we invite you to ask us directly and we shall be able to give you what you need;
- The use of the printer situated inside the secretariat (301-R029-HPSEC1) is no longer possible, please use the printer-scanning-copy machine (301-RCOR-CANON1) located in the corridor next to the entrance;
- Our Shop is closed to public until further notice, nevertheless if you really need to purchase item(s), please consult our webpage dedicated to the shop and contact us by e-mail at least one day before, we will be pleased to prepare your order you would pay and collect at the secretariat during the opening hours. No clothes try-on is authorised. If an item does not fit we will not be able to replace it, we thank you in advance for your understanding;
- Coffee machine and EDEN water dispensers are no longer available, until further notice.
- Keys of our meeting rooms are available in the outbox, outside in the corridor. Please, take time to disinfect them before returning, disinfectant and hydro alcoholic gel are at your disposal next to the keys;
- Rooms capacity in all meeting rooms is 5 persons, you must wear a mask even when seated, and open the windows throughout the meeting
Reminder: before returning to CERN, you must:
- Check your CERN O.C.2 access right in ADAMS before coming onsite, if you have specific questions about access, quarantine, etc, please send an e-mail to ALICE-covid19-coordination mailing list
- Follow the new mandatory safety training : COVID19 e-Learning;
And once at CERN, you must:
- Collect your Personal Protective Equipment (such as masks, gloves, hydro alcoholic gel, disinfectant, wipes or plastic shield/screen protection) at the two self-service points : at P2 (building 3294/R-001) or next to the ALICE secretariat (coffee room 301/R-027);
- Respect the CERN COVID-19 related health and safety measures;
- Be aware no ALICE visits are possible until en of March 2021.
- Memorandum from the Director General: CERN Instruction on COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
- CERN Instruction on COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures - Annex 1
- General Safety Instructions and Guidelines related to the COVID19; Hazard for the EP activities.
- HSE coronavirus information, measures, and recommendations
With our very best regards,